5/25/09

Speaking_ family

Questions
Vocabulary
=================
1. Do you live in a big or small family?

2. Would you like to live in a big family?

3. What do your family do?

4. Do you live with your parents?

5. Would you like to spend more time with your family?

6. What family members do you live with?

7. What does your family usually do at weekends?

8. Do you like going out with your family? Why?

9. Who would you most like to go on holiday with?

10. Can you tell me about your family?

11. Now are you enjoying family life?

12. Where are your parents from?

13. Why anti when did they come here?

14. Do you live in a one-parent / single-parent family?

15. What kind of jobs get very high salaries in your country?

16. Who's the breadwinner in your family?

17. Do you usually have a family get-together?

18. Do you often see your family at weekends?

19. Do you have strict parents?

20. Are your grandparents alive??

21. Do you think your parents are proud of you?

22. Who do you like in your family more? Why?

23. Can you get along with your parents / brothers and sisters?

24. Have you got any step-brothers or sisters?

25. Who does your brother / sister take after?

26. What's your brother like?

27. Do you know the family next door?

28. What's the relationship between you and Mr. Watson?

29. Where does your mum work?

30. Do you live by yourself or with your family?

31. Is your family with you?

32. What do your parents do for a living?

33. is the generation gap between you and your parents a big problem for you?

34. Are your grandparents still alive? Can you tell me about them?

35. Are you married? What does your husband ! wife do?

36. Are you happy with the life you have with your husband wife?

37. Can you get along with your in-law?

38. Do you agree with arranged marriages?

39. What do you think of polygamy?

40. Where and when did you get married Do you remember how you felt at that time?

41. How would you describe your lifestyle?

42. Do you have any English speaking friends?

43. Do you live close to your family? Can you tell me about your fame members?


===============
1. I live in a one-parent family / single-parent family.
(a family where the children live with only one parent)

2. I really enjoy my family life.
(the way a familiy lives)

3. I come from a big family of eight children.
(the group of people who are related to you)

4. I grew up on a farm.
(develop from being a child to being an adult)

5. I grew up knowing that my elder brother would take over the family business one day.
(the job your parents and probably your grandparents used to do)

6. Nuclear family
(a family consisting of mother, father and their children)

7. Extended family
(all the people in a family including aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc.)

8. Family background
(the sort of family you come from)

9. She's / he's family (infml)
(used to say that someone is related to you)

10. A large household
(all the people who live in one house)

11. My domestic life isn't very happy.
(connected with the private family home)

12. I live on my own. I haven't got any family.
(the group of people who are related to one another)

13. We've got the same name but are not related.
(the way you are connected)

14. He lives with us, but he's not related / unrelated.
(a person who is not a member of your family)

15. He is a close / distant relative of mine.
(near or not in a family relationship)

16. I really take after my mother.
(to look like or be like a parent or older member of your family)

17. All the men in our family are bald. I support it's hereditary.
(a quality which is passed from parents to children)

18. All her children are very artistic. It must run in the family.
(something which is passed from parents to children and their childrens' children / a common feature in a family)

19. Bringing up / raising children is never easy.
(to look after children in a family until they are adults and to teach them how to behave)

20. My parents really tried to give me a good upbringing.
(the way somebody is brought up)

21. My father recently lost his job, so my mother's the main breadwinner now.
(a person who earns all or most of the money in family)

22. I need a job, so I can support my family.
(to have enough money to be able to look after a family)

23. I am getting married next year and hope to start a family straight away.
(have children)

24. My father is really a family man.
(a man who enjoys being at home with his wife and children)

25. He's got some fatherly concern and duties.
(behaving like a father)

26. Motherhood really suits her.
(the state of being a mother)

27. She is a motherly sort of person.
(behaving like a mother)

28. Danny is my foster brother.
(having different parents, but being brought up in the same family)

29. My step father is a nice man.
(the man who is married to your mother but is not your father)

30. Paul is my big brother / older / elder brother.
(older than you)

31. Anna is my little sister / younger sister.
(younger than you)

32. We're identical twins.
(twins who look exactly the same)

33. My twin sister is a dentist.
(either of the children who have the same parents and are born at the same time)

34. She doesn't get on well with her in-laws.
(the parents of your husband or wife)

35. Next of kin
(your closest relative, who should be told if you are injured or killed)

36. I closely resemble my father.
(to be closely similar to, or look like someone)

37. You can see the resemblance between Susan and her sister.
(a similarity between two things, especially in the way they look)

38. He bears a remarkable resemblance to my father.
(to be or look somebody / something else)

39. My parents live apart from each other.
(if married people decide to separate, then they live apart)

1 comment:

Ameen Khatri said...

I am hoping the same best effort from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing skills has inspired me. ielts mentoring